Spartan News

Spartan Women’s swim and dive get 2nd at District Championship

Trevor Hughes, Editor

The lady spartan swimmers competed in the District 3 championships this past weekend. The sparts managed to get 2nd place.

Mikaela Miele (Senior) was the 500 free district champion for the fourth year in a row. She swam a 5:13.72 to win first place. She also placed 2nd in the 200 free at 1:56.46, 6th in the 200 medley (fly), and 1st place in the 200 free relay. She qualified for state in all 4 of these events.

Marin Wilson (Sophomore) placed 4th in the 200 free with a time of 2:00.50. She qualified for state in the 500 free placing 3rd with a time of 5:21.53. She was also apart of the 200 medley relay (breaststroke) and 400 free relay, placing 6th in both. She will be competing in the 200 and 500 free and both relays at state.

Emma Huynh (Sophomore) placed 2nd in the 50 free with a time of 25.36 and 3rd in the 100 free with a speedy time of 55.29. She will be competing in both of these events at state as well as the 200 medley and 200 free relays.

Olivia Castro (Sophomore) is headed to the state championships in the 200 free and in the 100 backstroke placing 7th and 6th respectively. She will also be apart of the 200 medley and 200 free relays.

Other great swims come from Spartan Haven Carroll (Junior) in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:13.57, placing 10th overall. She will compete at state in the 200 and 400 free relays. Freshman Payton Wojciechowicz competed in the 200 and 500 free placing 15th and 13th respectively. She will be competing in the 400 free relay at the state championships. Megan McCann (Freshman) placed 13th in the 500 free with a time of 5:55.62. Chloe Davis (Freshman) swam her best times in the 100 fly in prelims posting a 1:09.62. Miranda Wojciechowicz (Sophomore) will be swimming in the 400 free relay at the State championships as well.

4 Spartan divers competed at the District Championships, Haven Carroll (Junior), Sam Crabtree (Freshman), Taylor Holmes (Freshman), and Gracie Sather (Freshman).

Sam Crabtree placed 16th and earned points for the Spartan Swim and Dive team, helping push them to state. Taylor, Gracie, and Haven placed 19th, 20th, and 21st respectively.

All 3 spartan swim relays moving to state are as follows:

200 Medley relay: Olivia Castro (backstroke), Marin Wilson (breaststroke), Mikaela Miele (fly), Emma Huynh (free)

200 Free relay: Olivia Castro, Emma Huynh, Haven Carroll, and Mikaela Miele

400 Free relay: Marin Wilson, Payton Wojciechowicz, Miranda Wojciechowicz, and Haven Carroll.

Let’s wish our lady sparts good luck at the state championships!